The San Juans of Colorado are breathtaking and challenging. Perfect for the ModernJeeper. - The Crew
The San Juan's of Colorado | September 23 - 25, 2021
Join us for two incredible days (the 3rd day is optional) as an introduction to the San Juan Mountains. This trip will have you meet the team on Thursday, September 23, 2021 at Corey's home just south of Montrose, Colorado, for registration and a meet & greet with the participants.
Lodging: Participants can camp/overland at his house (limited) or nearby campgrounds or grab a hotel in Ridgway, Ouray or Montrose. Montrose would be the furthest out option.
We will meet for trails in Ouray on Friday and in Ridgway on Saturday. We would meet in Ouray for the optional trail ride on Sunday.
Registration on Thursday, the 23rd, wheeling Friday and Saturday, the 24 & 25. Sunday will be an optional day for those that want to go out (and most challenging day).
Friday will be our historic mine tour day, working our way up through the mines on Red Mountain Pass. There should be time for folks to enjoy late afternoon in Ouray. (Hot Springs, shopping, dining, etc…)
Saturday will be a scenic trek across Dallas Divide, dropping into Telluride, then back up and over Ophir Pass onto the back side of Red Mountain Pass. Nothing technical but definitely scenic as we traverse some of Colorado's famous shelf roads.
You are responsible for all meals except for Saturday night Dinner at Corey's house.
Sunday will be optional. Guiding will be provided but essentially participants are “on their own”. We plan on running Black Bear Pass and returning over Imogene Pass. This will not be for the folks afraid of heights. These are a couple of the most difficult passes the area has to offer.
$450 per rig (2 people).
Limited to 10 participants (12 rigs including guides).
Be prepared for an epic few days in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado, ModernJeeper style.
Rules & Guidelines. Please Read First....
1. No pets allowed.
2. All participants shall be 16 years or older.
3. All vehicles shall be equipped with seat belts, roll bar(s), skid plates and tow hooks.
4. All Jeeps shall have 35" tires or greater.
5. A rear locker will be beneficial but not required.
6. All vehicle occupants shall be registered participants in the ModernJeeper Adventure.
7. There shall be no illegal drugs, firearms, fireworks, sirens or pets. Possession of any of the foregoing may result in expulsion of any participant from the event.
8. There shall be at least one person in every vehicle 18 years of age or older who will be responsible for the occupants of the vehicle.
9. All participants shall abide by the rules of the event.
10. No vehicles will be washed in or near lakes, rivers, streams, or ponds out of respect for the environment.
11. All vehicles shall be properly insured for liability and medical coverage.
12. DUIs, open containers, and other infractions will be cited.